Studies in electrical engineering at the University of Karlsruhe (TH) with specialization in control and feedback control systems. Research assistant at the Institute of Electrical Energy Systems and High-Voltage Technology (IEH) at the University of Karlsruhe. Ph.D. in the field of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) about mode-stirred chambers as alternative measuring environments with electromagnetic radiation and using acoustic diffusers and mode stirrers. Was head of a test and certification body for electric equipment safety and EMC for several years. Has been active in the field of intellectual property since 2001, set up his practice as self-employed Patent Attorney in 2004.
Notable experience with European and international patent applications and advice on worldwide IP strategies and patent applications abroad.
- German Patent Attorneys’ Association (Patentanwaltskammer)
- Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office (epi)
- International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI)
- Federal Association of German Patent Attorneys (Bundesverband deutscher Patentanwälte)
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
Special technical areas of expertise
Information and communication technology
Measuring and control systems