Studies in industrial engineering at the University of Karlsruhe (TH) with specialization in telematics and microsystems technology. Stays abroad in France and Switzerland. Research assistant at the Institute for Information Processing Technologies (ITIV) of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT). Visiting researcher at the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab (CSAIL) at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). Ph.D. with distinction at the department of electrical engineering of KIT about ad-hoc localization of persons in wireless sensor networks. Postdoc and supervision of research projects at ITIV.
Active in the field of intellectual property since 2013. Having worked for a larger IP law firm in Stuttgart for several years, he joined Durm Patentanwälte in 2017.
Notable experience with European patent law, with giving advice to young entrepreneurs and start-ups, with developing patent strategies as well as with assessing infringement matters.
- German Patent Attorneys’ Association (Patentanwaltskammer)
- Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office (epi), member of the epi Editorial Committee
- Association of Intellectual Property Experts (VPP)
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
- Federal Association of German Patent Attorneys (Bundesverband deutscher Patentanwälte)
Special technical areas of expertise
Wireless sensor networks
Information and communication technology