Studies in electrical engineering at the University of Karlsruhe (TH). Intermediate law exam at the University of Freiburg and law courses at the University of Frankfurt. Patent Attorney since 1986. Worked at a big international law firm in Munich for several years. Has been at Durm Patentanwälte since 1990, initially as partner to the founder Dr. Klaus Durm.
Notable experience in trademark law and in the treatment of infringement matters including patent and trademark infringement proceedings before the regional courts and higher regional courts as well as nullity and cancellation proceedings before the Federal Patent Court (BPatG) and the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
- German Patent Attorneys’ Association (Patentanwaltskammer)
- Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office (epi)
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
- International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI)
- Federal Association of German Patent Attorneys (Bundesverband deutscher Patentanwälte)
- Junior Chamber International Germany
Special technical areas of expertise
Mechanics and Precision mechanics
Measuring and control systems